Tallman Lake Senior Center
6765 East Marshall Road
Fountain, MI 49410
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For a current and complete schedule of activities and menu of meals, go to the official website of the Tallman Lake Senior Center.
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Meals are delivered to the center weekdays to serve at noon. Call the day before to preorder if you can, but no later than 9:30 a.m. the same day you plan to join us for lunch. Cost is $3 for ages 60+ and $5 under 60. Have lunch for a dollar the last Thursday of the month.
- Coffee, bottled water, cold beverages, and snacks are available at any time at no cost, but we gratefully accept freewill donations.
- Outreach Services are performed by the director while the center remains open 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Fridays or as able. Tell us if you or someone you know needs help or wants to schedule a visit or receive a card, call, or the center newsletter.
- Printed and online resource materials are available; or confidential referrals can be made to agencies or service providers. We can make the initial contact or can help point you or a family member, friend, or loved one in the right direction.
- Private small-group grief support is held at 1:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays as well as on an as-needed basis.
- Medical equipment is available for lending out at no charge.
- Flu shots are seasonally scheduled.
- Blood pressure and blood sugar screenings are periodically scheduled.
FUN PHYSICAL FITNESS
- Safe and Sane Exercise, 10:30 a.m. Mondays, is performed with resistance bands, light hand weights as able, and a foam ball, to improve balance, strength, and eye-hand coordination.
- Open Billiards, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, will have you walking around (and around) the table, as well as stretching and squatting, to improve balance and eye-hand coordination.
- Wii sports games are available at varied times. Call the center for availability.
- Shuffleboard is available seasonally.
MENTAL FITNESS AND SOCIAL INTERACTION
- Computer workstation, anytime, to check your email or research topics of interest.
- Crochet class for beginners, 10:00 a.m. Mondays, or feel free to work on a project of your own choice.
- Bingo, 10:00 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Show-and-Tell, 1:00 p.m. first Wednesday of the month.
- Kings in the Corners, 10:00 a.m., last Wednesday of the month.
- Put–N–Take, 10:00 a.m. Fridays.
- Yarn Therapy, now featuring Tunisian crochet, 11:00 a.m. Fridays.
- Jigsaw puzzles. Come anytime to find and then fit the pieces to finish the ongoing puzzle.
- Monthly carry-in potluck and special holiday dinners. Date and theme varies seasonally.
- Ludington Daily News. Stay current locally and globally, and challenge yourself (or others) with crosswords and sudoku.
Schedule may vary as new activities and special events are added. For the most current information, please call 231-757-3306 or visit our website tallmanseniorcenter.org..