Mason County Michigan

Camper Permit - Temporary

Many people enjoy camping in a trailer/camper/RV in Mason County.  Please note that if there is no dwelling on the parcel where the camper is located and the camper is going to be there for more than 30 days, a Temporary Land Use Permit must be obtained for a fee of $50. 
Temporary land use permits are granted for a maximum of 120 days per calendar year from the date the camper was placed on the property as required by Section 3.33 of the Mason County Zoning Ordinance.  This applies to the property owner, family members, and/or guests.   
For a period of 30 days or less or just periodic weekends throughout the camping season, no permit is needed.