Concealed Pistol Law
CONCEALED PISTOL LAW
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older; a citizen of the United States or a resident legal alien as defined in Section 11 of Title 18 of the United States Code; a resident of this state-residing in this state for at least 6 months; and a resident in the county of application.
Click here for CPL Application.
Click here to complete online application
Application requirements for filing with the Mason County Clerk's Office :
- Completed application - SIGNED UNDER OATH; ADMINISTERED BY THE COUNTY CLERK OR DEPUTY CLERK
- A Pistol Safety Training Course is required and training must have occurred after January 1, 2011.
The certificate must state that it complies with the requirements of 5j of 1927 PA372, be within 5 years time frame and must not be expired.
- $115.00 Application Fee ($100 application fee, $15.00 fingerprint fee)
- Fingerprints must be performed within 45 days of application.
- License term is between 4 and 5 years, it expires on your next birthday after the 4th year
If you have moved after your CPL was issued, CPL Holder must inform County Clerk's Office in the County where the CPL was issued.
An application is considered a RENEWAL if the applicant has received a concealed pistol license under compliance of the training requirements set for in the Act after July 1, 2001. A concealed pistol license is renewed in the same manner as an original license.
- For an individual licensed after July 1, 2001, and subsequently applying for a renewal, completion of a pistol safety training course is not required. However, the applicant shall sign a statement certifying that he/she has completed at least 3 hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal of the application.
- EXCEPTION: The training requirements are waived for an individual who is a retired police officer or retired law enforcement officer.
MSP will have 45 days to review the application AFTER receiving applicants fingerprints and application.
The CPL license will be mailed upon approval.
Letters will be sent with you CPL card or your disqualification.
Letters to approve or disqualify your CPL will be sent via mail.