Birth, Death & Marriage Records
COPIES OF BIRTH, DEATH, & MARRIAGE RECORDS
- Birth records occurring in Mason County begin with 1867.
- Birth records are confidential records and are available only to the person or the parent named on the record.
- Additional documentation will be required of applicants stating they are an heir, legal guardian, or legal representative of the person named on the record.
- A current, valid driver's license or state issued ID is required for birth certificate requests in person.
- Requests for birth certificates by mail must include:
- ·Date of Birth
- ·Parent's Names (including mother's MAIDEN name)
- ·Notarized signature
- ·Self addressed stamped envelope
- ·Check or money order - payable to Mason County Clerk
- Please call for cost - 231-843-8202
- Click here for form
Address: Mason County Clerk
To access the Michigan Department of Community Health web site: http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/