1. All permits must be mailed or dropped off to 102 E. 5th St., Scottville, MI 49454. An original signature is required, faxes or .pdfs are not accepted.
2. After hours drop off available: place permit application and check in the building department after-hours drop box at 102 E. 5th Street, Scottville.
3. Checks or money orders can be made payable to "Mason County".
4. Building permits (ONLY) may be obtained through the mail for an additional administrative fee of $25. We prefer to see you face-to-face when completing a building permit because it just seems to work out better. If you live out of town or can't get here during business hours, the mail will work too but remember to add $25 to the Building permit fee. There is NO $25 mail in fee for Electrical, Mechanical, or Plumbing permits.
5. Once the permit application is recieved and processed a permit will be mailed to you.